Looking forward to the summer and making the most of the outdoors will, for many of us, involve a barbeque. The recipes from the kitchen are easily transferred outside to the wide range of outdoor cooking ‘appliances’ that are now available. Barbeques, outdoor ovens and pizza ovens give us more options when it comes to ‘dining out’.
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe – why not give this one a try? Use some apple wood chips soaked in a bowl of water to give the lamb even more flavour.
- 2 tbsp each of (dried) thyme, rosemary, flat leaf parsley, marjoram
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Zest of a lemon
- Rape seed oil
Lamb – 2.25kg leg of lamb with the bone in – will serve 8 people.
- Prepare the lamb by scoring the surface with 1cm deep cuts in a cross hatch pattern.
- Remove any excess fat by patting the surface with paper towel.
- Combine all the ingredients together for the marinade and rub it into the lamb - leave it for about two hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- Take the lamb from the fridge and leave it for about 20 minutes to come to room temperature.
- When your barbeque or oven is up to temperature, put the lamb onto cook.
- The internal temperature of the meat should be 135°f for medium cooked lamb. Remove the lamb from the heat and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.